Of or related to absolutism arbitrary despotic as absolutist concepts
- one that is in favor of a complete or autocratic government
- related to the concept of totalitarianism
- one who advocates absolutism
- a person who is within benefit of a complete or autocratic federal government.
- person who feels it is feasible to realize a cognition or idea of the absolute.
- Of or pertaining to absolutism; arbitrary; despotic; because, absolutist concepts.
1830, from absolute + -ist. From 1837 as an adjective.
(n.) One who is within benefit of a complete or autocratic government.
- (letter.) One who believes it is possible to understand a cognition or concept of the absolute.
- (a.) Of or related to absolutism; arbitrary; despotic; because, absolutist principles.
Beneath an outward gloss of refinement these nobles were, as a class, coarse and selfish, and they made it their chief object to promote their own interests by fostering absolutist tendencies.