The tenth sign of zodiac into which the sun goes into at winter months solstice about December 21 See Tropic
- (astrology) a person who is born although the sunlight is within Capricorn
- a faint zodiacal constellation inside south hemisphere; between Sagittarius and Aquarius
- the tenth sign of the zodiac; the sun is within this sign from about December 22 to January 19
- The tenth indication of zodiac, into that your sunshine gets in atu000du000a the wintertime solstice, about December 21. See Tropic.
- A southern constellation, represented on old monuments by the figure of a goat, or a figure with its fore-part like a fish.
zodiac sign, belated Old English, from Latin Capricornus, actually "horned like a goat," from caper (genitive capri) "goat" (see taxi) + cornu "horn" (see horn (letter.)); a loan-translation of Greek Aigokheros, the name of constellation. Extensive 1894 to persons created beneath the indication.
Capricorn is the tenth sign of the zodiac within the Zodiac, originating from the constellation of Capricornus. It covers the 270-300th amount of the zodiac, between 270 and 305.25 degree of celestial longitude. In astrology, Capricorn is known as an introvert indication, an earth sign, plus one of this four cardinal signs. Capricorn is ruled by the planet Saturn. Inside Tropical zodiac, sunlight transits this area of the zodiac from December 22 to January 20 every year.
The tropics of Cancer and Capricorn cut off with surprising precision (the latter somewhat less so) the tropical from the north and south temperate zones..