The young regarding the cow or associated with the Bovine family of quadrupeds additionally the young of other animals as of the elephant rhinoceros hippopotamus and whale
- fine fabric from skin of a calf
- the muscular back part of the shank
- young of domestic cattle
- young of varied large placental animals e.g. whale or giraffe or elephant or buffalo
- The young of this cow, or of Bovine group of quadrupeds. Additionally, the young of several other animals, since the elephant, rhinoceros, hippopotamus, and whale.
- Leather made of the skin of this calf; specially, a fine, light-colored leather-based found in bookbinding; as, to bind books in-calf.
- an embarrassing or ridiculous son or young man; any ridiculous person; a dolt.
- A small island near a bigger; because, the Calf of Man.
- a tiny mass of ice set free from the submerged section of a glacier or berg, and increasing to your area.
- The fleshy hinder part of the knee below the leg.
The stomach or fleshy hind the main back of the leg underneath the leg. The calf is made up primarily of this gastrocnemius muscle tissue. Pain in the calf is commonly due to muscle tissue strain, but can be brought on by blood clots in veins regarding the legs.
"young cow," Old English cealf (Anglian c
- fleshy area of the lower leg, early 14c., from Old Norse kalfi, supply as yet not known; perhaps through the exact same Germanic root as calf (n.1).
It was only a pet calf that had come there to browse among the bushes.