A woodsman a settler in bush
- nomadic hunters and gatherers whom live-in south Africa
- a dweller when you look at the Australian bush country
- A woodsman; a settler inside bush.
- among a race of South African nomads, living principally in deserts, and not classified as allied in battle or language to virtually any people.
1785, from South African Dutch boschjesman, actually "man of bush," from boschje, from Dutch bosje, diminutive of bosch, bos (see bush (n.)).
(n.) A woodsman; a settler inside bush.
- (letter.) Certainly one of a race of South African nomads, residing principally within the deserts, rather than categorized as allied in race or language to any other people.
Africa (1898); Bushman Paintings, copied by M.