Of or pertaining to Burmah or its inhabitants
- of or concerning or characteristic of Myanmar or its men and women
- a native or inhabitant of Myanmar
- the state language of Burma
- Of or pertaining to Burmah, or its inhabitants.
- A native or perhaps the locals of Burmah. Additionally (sing.), the language for the Burmans.
1823 (adj.), 1824 (n.), from Burma + -ese.
(a.) Of or related to Burmah, or its inhabitants.
- (n. sing. & pl.) A native or perhaps the locals of Burmah. In addition (sing.), the language of Burmans.
Another peculiarity of Malay (and likewise of Chinese, Shan, Talaing, Burmese and Siamese) is the use of certain classwords or coefficients with numerals, such as orang (man),when speaking of persons, ekor (tail) of animals, keping (piece) of flat things, biji (seed) of roundish things; e.g.