The percentage of the central nervous system this is certainly positioned inside the head. It works as a primary receiver, organizer, and distributor of information for the body. It's a right half and a left 1 / 2, every one of called a hemisphere.
"to dash the minds aside," belated 14c., from brain (n.). Relevant: Brained; braining.
- Old English br
struck regarding the mind
- kill by smashing someone's skull
- anyone who has exemplary intellectual ability and creativity
- the mind of specific creatures made use of as meat
- emotional capability
- that the main nervous system that includes all the greater stressed facilities; enclosed inside the head; continuous using spinal cord
- that which is in charge of your thoughts, thoughts, and conscious brain functions; the seat of the faculty of reason
- The whitish mass of soft matter (the biggest market of the nervous system, additionally the seat of consciousness and volition) that will be inclosed in cartilaginous or bony cranium of vertebrate animals. It's essentially the anterior termination of the spinal cord, and it is created from three embryonic vesicles, whoever cavities are associated with the central channel regarding the cord; the cavities of the vesicles become the central cavities, or ventricles, additionally the walls thicken unequally and get to be the three portions, the fore-, mid-, and hind-brain.
- The anterior or cephalic ganglion in insects as well as other invertebrates.
- The organ or seat of intellect; for this reason, the comprehension.
- The affections; fancy; imagination.
- To dash from minds of; to destroy by beating from minds. Ergo, Fig.: To destroy; to place a conclusion to; to conquer.
- To conceive; to know.
in accordance with Aristotle, it is a cooling organ of the human body. Early in a brief history of viewpoint, it was considered closely related to awareness and with activities associated with the heart. Descartes contended that mind-body relations are centered into the pineal gland located between the two hemispheres of this mind. Cabanis, a sensualistic materialist, believed that the brain creates awareness in a fashion similar to that in that your liver produces the bile. Many have desired to determine it using the seat of heart. Today consciousness is recognized to be an infinitely more complex phenomenon controlled by the entire nervous system, instead of by any element of the brain, and affected by the physical kcalorie burning overall. -- R.B.W.
(letter.) The whitish size of smooth matter (the biggest market of the nervous system, as well as the seat of awareness and volition) that is inclosed inside cartilaginous or bony cranium of vertebrate animals. It really is essentially the anterior cancellation of this spinal cord, and is developed from three embryonic vesicles, whoever cavities tend to be associated with the central canal associated with the cable; the cavities of the vesicles get to be the main cavities, or ventricles, and the walls thicken unequally and turn the three sections, the fore-, mid-, and hind-brain.
- (n.) The anterior or cephalic ganglion in pests as well as other invertebrates.
- (letter.) The organ or seat of intellect; for this reason, the comprehension.
- (n.) The affections; elegant; imagination.
- (v. t.) To dash from brains of; to eliminate by beating out of the minds. Ergo, Fig.: To destroy; to place a conclusion to; to beat.
- (v. t.) To conceive; to understand.
But if the great sun move not of himself; but is as an errand-boy in heaven; nor one single star can revolve, but by some invisible power; how then can this one small heart beat; this one small brain think thoughts; unless God does that beating, does that thinking, does that living, and not I. By heaven, man, we are turned round and round in this world, like yonder windlass, and Fate is the handspike.