An Irish helping girl or girl
- A name used in calling a hen or chicken
- youthful bird specifically of domestic fowl
- adult female chicken
- A name found in calling a hen or chicken.
- An Irish helping lady or girl.
Diminutive of Brigid: A variant of Bridget, meaning the large one or power. Known bearer: 6th century Irish abbess Brigid )known as St Bridget or St Bride) founded Ireland's very first ladies' spiritual community.
Name Origin: Irish
Name Gender: Female
"old lady," 1785; indicating "Irish maid-servant" (1861) is US English; both from Biddy, pet form of common Irish appropriate name Bridget.
(n.) A name used in calling a hen or chicken.
- (letter.) An Irish serving lady or woman.