some sort of flag attached to a spear or pike by a crosspiece and used by a chief as their standard in fight
- abnormally great; outstanding
- a newspaper headline that works throughout the full page
- any distinctive banner
- long strip of fabric or report useful for design or advertising
- a type of banner attached with a spear or pike by a crosspiece, and used by a main as his standard in fight.
- A large piece of silk or any other cloth, with a computer device or motto, extended on a crosspiece, and borne in a procession, or suspended in a few conspicuous place.
- Any flag or standard; as, the star-spangled banner.
whenever discussing web advertising a banner, banner ad, or web banner is a graphic ad that first starred in large quantities on hotwired.com, after the first advertising was sold to AT&T on October 27, 1994. These days, banner ads are located on one associated with margins of an internet web page, most frequently top center. The advertising displays a picture and text to greatly help market another website or solution. Below are two types of just what a banner may appear to be. In the 1st instance, is an image advertising for Computer Hope in addition to second could be the pixel proportions of the most typical your banner.
Name Origin: English
Name Gender: Male
n electronic advertisement that is hot connected. The graphics have reached the most truly effective or bottom of this page. Its 468 pixels wide and 60 pixels high. It really is about 15 kilobytes of memory dimensions.
c.1200, from Old French baniere (modern-day French banni
fundamental unit of electric advertising, banners are those 'hot connected' (hypertext connected) pictures that look generally speaking on top or bottom of a webpage. As set by web advertising Bureau, the typical real size of a banner is 468 pixels wide by 60 pixels large, and is typically limited to 15 kilobytes in memory dimensions.
whenever discussing internet marketing and advertising a banner, your banner, or internet banner is a picture ad that very first appeared in large quantities on hotwired.com, following the first your banner was offered to AT&T on October 27, 1994. These days, advertising adverts are observed on a single of this margins of a web page, most frequently top center. The banner shows a picture and text to simply help market another internet site or solution. Below are two types of just what a banner may look like. In the 1st example, is an image advertising for Computer Hope and second is the pixel proportions quite common banner ad.
old [archaic] [flag]
(letter.) A kind of banner mounted on a spear or pike by a crosspiece, and employed by a chief as his standard in fight.
- (letter.) A big little bit of silk or other fabric, with a tool or motto, extended on a crosspiece, and borne in a procession, or suspended in certain conspicuous destination.
- (n.) Any flag or standard; as, the star-spangled banner.
Landing at Lyndantse (the modern Reval) in north Esthonia, Valdemar at once received the submission of the inhabitants, but three days later was treacherously attacked in his camp and only saved from utter destruction by his own personal valour and the descent from heaven, at the critical moment, of a red banner with a white cross on it, the Dannebrog (Danes' Cloth), of which we now hear for the first time, and which henceforth was to precede the Danish armies to victory till its capture by the Ditmarshers, three hundred years later.