Of or pertaining to the sea which separates Norway and Sweden from Jutland Denmark and Germany situated on the Baltic Sea
- of or near or in the Baltic water
- of or pertaining to or attribute regarding the Baltic shows or their individuals or languages
- a sea in northern European countries; stronghold associated with the Russian navy
- a part of Indo-European category of languages linked to the Slavonic languages; Baltic languages have preserved numerous archaic functions that are thought to have existed in Proto-Indo European
- Of or regarding the sea which distinguishes Norway and Sweden from Jutland, Denmark, and Germany; situated in the Baltic Sea.
1580s, from Medieval Latin Balticus, maybe from Lithuanian baltas "white" or Scandinavian balta "straight" (in reference to its narrow entranceway). In German, its Ostsee, virtually "east sea."
(a.) Of or related to the sea which distinguishes Norway and Sweden from Jutland, Denmark, and Germany; situated regarding water.
KOLBERG (or Colberg), a town of Germany, and seaport of the Prussian province of Pomerania, on the right bank of the Persante, which falls into the Baltic about a mile below the town, and at the junction of the railway lines to Belgard and Gollnow.