The act or procedure of cooking in an oven or of drying out and hardening by heat or cool
- because hot as though in an oven
- making breads or cake or pastry an such like.
- cooking by dry heat in an oven
- of Bake
- The work or procedure of preparing in an oven, or of drying and solidifying by heat or cold.
- the number baked at the same time; a batch; since, a baking of bread.
Surrounding food with hot, dry air in a closed environment, generally an oven; a dry-heat cooking technique
(p. pr. & vb. n.) of Bake
- (letter.) The work or procedure of preparing in an oven, or of drying out and hardening by heat or cool.
- (n.) The quantity baked simultaneously; a batch; because, a baking of bread.
To produce plaster of Paris European practice consists in baking the mineral in ovens, and in America in heating it in kettles.