To lay up waiting for you to deposit for safe-keeping to stow to position to put
- give as a present
- bestow an excellent on
- To lay up waiting for you; to deposit for safe keeping; tou000du000a stow; to put; to place.
- to utilize; to utilize; to devote, as time or power in a few occupation.
- To expend, as cash.
- to offer or confer; to provide; -- with on or upon.
- To give in marriage.
- To demean; to conduct; to respond; -- accompanied by a reflexive pronoun.
this implies to grant or bequeath one thing.
very early 14c., bistowen "give" (because alms, etc.), from be- + stowen "to place" (identify stow). Associated: Bestowed; bestowing; bestower.
(v. t.) To lay-up in store; to deposit for safe keeping; to stow; to place; to put.
- (v. t.) To use; to utilize; to dedicate, as time or power in a few occupation.
- (v. t.) To expend, as money.
- (v. t.) To provide or confer; to impart; -- with on or upon.
- (v. t.) To offer in-marriage.
- (v. t.) To demean; to perform; to respond; -- followed closely by a reflexive pronoun.
Also renounced his claim to bestow ring and pastoral staff, but kept the right of induction into the temporalities (I106 - I107).