A straight line real or fictional moving through a body upon which it revolves or could be designed to revolve a line driving through a body or system around that the components tend to be symmetrically arranged
- The spotted deer Cervus axis or Axis maculata of India in which it is called hog deer and parrah Moorish name
- the primary stem or main component about which plant body organs or plant components including limbs tend to be organized
- in World War II the alliance of Germany and Italy in 1936 which later included Japan also countries
- a group of nations in unique alliance
- a straight line through a body or figure that satisfies certain conditions
- the center around which anything rotates
- the next cervical vertebra; serves as a pivot for turning the top
- The spotted deer (Cervus axis or Axis maculata) of India, where it's called hog deer and parrah (Moorish title).
- A straight line, genuine or imaginary, passing through a body, which it revolves, or may be supposed to revolve; a line driving through a body or system around which the parts tend to be symmetrically arranged.
- A straight line regarding that your various areas of a magnitude are symmetrically arranged; as, the axis of a cylinder, i. e., the axis of a cone, that is, the straight-line joining the vertex additionally the center of the base; the axis of a group, any straight-line passing through the center.
- The stem; the main component, or longitudinal assistance, which body organs or components are arranged; the central distinct any human body.
- The second vertebra of this neck, or vertebra dentata.
- additionally used for the human body just of the vertebra, which is extended anteriorly within the foramen regarding the first vertebra or atlas, so as to form the odontoid procedure or peg which serves as a pivot for the atlas and visit switch on.
- One of several imaginary outlines, believed in explaining the position regarding the airplanes where a crystal is bounded.
- The primary or secondary main type of any design.
The axis is the 2nd cervical vertebra (symbol: C2). It really is known as the "axis" because uppermost cervical vertebra (labeled as the atlas) rotates towards odontoid procedure for C2. The joint between your axis and atlas is a pivot style of combined. It allows your head turn.
1540s, "imaginary straight-line around which a body (for instance the world) rotates," from Latin axis "axle, pivot, axis of the planet or sky," from PIE *aks- "axis" (cognates: Old English eax, Old High German ahsa "axle;" Greek axon "axis, axle, truck;" Sanskrit aksah "an axle, axis, ray of a balance;" Lithuanian aszis "axle"). Figurative sense in globe reputation for "alliance between Germany and Italy" (later extended unetymologically to include Japan) is from 1936. Original research was to a "Rome-Berlin axis" in main Europe. The term later on was utilized in mention of the a London-Washington axis (World War II) and a Moscow-Peking axis (very early Cold War).
the 2nd cervical vertebrae.
axis [Vertebra cervicalis II] [second cervical vertebra]
- epistropheus [Vertebra cervicalis II] [axis]
(letter.) The spotted deer (Cervus axis or maculata) of India, in which its called hog-deer and parrah (Moorish name).
- (letter.) A straight line, real or imaginary, driving through a body, upon which it revolves, or might be designed to revolve; a line driving through a body or system around that your components tend to be symmetrically organized.
- (letter.) A straight line regarding which the some other part of a magnitude are symmetrically arranged; as, the axis of a cylinder, i. e., the axis of a cone, which, the straight-line joining the vertex plus the center of this base; the axis of a circle, any straight-line moving through the center.
- (letter.) The stem; the central component, or longitudinal support, by which body organs or parts tend to be arranged; the main type of any body.
- (letter.) The second vertebra for the throat, or vertebra dentata.
- (letter.) In addition utilized of this human body just of this vertebra, which is extended anteriorly within the foramen of the first vertebra or atlas, in order to form the odontoid procedure or peg which serves as a pivot for the atlas and check out switch on.
- (letter.) One of many imaginary lines, thought in explaining the position associated with airplanes in which a crystal is bounded.
- (letter.) The main or additional central type of any design.
In this he showed that a homogeneous fluid mass revolving uniformly round an axis under the action of gravity ought to assume the form of an ellipsoid of revolution.