to create or occur in a mean or medial sum or quantity to total or to be on the average whilst the losses of this owners will average twenty-five dollars each these spars average ten legs in total
- to obtain the suggest of when sums or quantities tend to be unequal to lessen to a mean
- with respect to a typical or mean medial containing a mean proportion of a mean dimensions quality ability etc ordinary usual as a typical price of revenue an average number of rainfall the average Englishman beings associated with the normal stamp
- That service which a tenant owed their lord become done-by the work beasts of the tenant given that carriage of wheat turf an such like
- lacking exceptional high quality or capability
- concerning or constituting more regular value in a distribution
- relating to or constituting the middle value of an ordered collection of values (or the average of this middle two in a set with a straight range values)
- approximating the statistical norm or average or expected worth
- around the middle of a scale of evaluation
- lacking special distinction, rank, or condition; generally experienced
- add up to or arrived at a typical, without reduction or gain
- attain or reach on average
- compute the average of
- (recreations) the proportion of successful shows to possibilities
- a statistic explaining the positioning of a distribution
- an intermediate scale value considered to be typical or usual
- That solution which a tenant owed their lord, becoming done by the task beasts associated with tenant, whilst the carriage of wheat, turf, etc.
- A tariff or duty on products, etc.
- Any fee in addition to the regular fee for freight of goods sent.
- A contribution to a loss or fee which was imposed upon one of several when it comes to basic benefit; harm done by water perils.
- The equitable and proportionate distribution of reduction or expense among all interested.
- A mean percentage, medial sum or amount, crafted from unequal amounts or amounts; an arithmetical suggest. Thus, if A loses 5 bucks, B 9, and C 16, the sum is 30, therefore the average 10.
- Any medial estimation or basic declaration derived from a comparison of diverse certain instances; a method or typical dimensions, quantity, high quality, price, etc.
- In the English corn trade, the medial price of the number of forms of grain when you look at the main corn areas.
- regarding an average or mean; medial; containing a mean percentage; of a mean dimensions, high quality, ability, etc.; ordinary; normal; as, a typical rate of profit; the average amount of rain; the typical Englishman; beings of this normal stamp.
- in accordance with the laws of averages; as, the loss must certanly be made good by normal contribution.
- to get the suggest of, when sums or volumes tend to be unequal; to reduce to a mean.
- To divide among several, relating to a given proportion; since, to average a loss.
- to-do, accomplish, get, etc., on an average.
- to create, or exist in, a mean or medial sum or amount; to add up to, or even be, on the average; because, the losings for the owners will average 25 bucks each; these spars average ten foot in length.
A number that is computed to summarise a team of numbers. Many popular average may be the mean, the sum of the numbers divided by but numerous numbers you can find in team. The median may be the middle worth in several numbers ranked to be able of size. The mode is the quantity that develops most often in several figures. Make the following band of numbers: 1, 2, 2, 9, 12, 13, 17 The mean is 56/7=8, The median is 9, The mode is 2
nd see Peters v. Warren Ins. Co., 19 Fed. Cas. 370.
belated 15c., "financial loss incurred through damage to products in transit," from French avarie "damage to deliver," and Italian avaria; a word from 12c. Mediterranean maritime trade (compare Spanish averia; various other Germanic forms, Dutch avarij, German haferei, etc., are from Romanic languages), which can be of uncertain source. Often traced to Arabic 'arwariya "damaged product." Meaning shifted to "equal sharing of such reduction by the interested events." Transferred feeling of "statement of a medial estimation" is very first taped 1735. The mathematical expansion is from 1755.
- 1770; see average (n.).
- 1769, from average (n.). Related: Averaged; averaging.
1. General: Number or quantity this is certainly in-between (advanced to) a few amounts and figures. See also suggest. 2. General insurance: The expression 'subject to average' implies that if amount guaranteed during the time of a reduction is less than the insurable worth of the insured residential property, the quantity reported underneath the policy are reduced in percentage to your under-insurance. Also known as average clause. See also coinsurance. 3. Marine insurance coverage: 'Average' means limited (loss); particular-average loss is borne by one party, and general-average reduction is provided by all worried. Today largely replaced with institute cargo conditions A, B, or C. 4. Quality-control: typical expression of the centering of a circulation calculated by dividing the total noticed values because of the amount of findings. 5. Securities trading: accordingly weighted mean of a 'basket' of selected securities representing basic market behavior. Dow Jones Industrial Average (DJIA), which measures the overall performance for the stocks of 30 the biggest United States corporations, is certainly one well-known instance.
instead known as the arithmetic suggest, average could be the amount of a few figures, divided because of the total amount of figures. Like, suppose we have the after series of numbers: 1, 2, 3, 4, 1, 2, and 3. The sum of the these figures is 16, 16 split by 7 is 2.28, consequently, 2.28 could be the average of those figures.
(n.) That service which a tenant owed his lord, become carried out by the work beasts for the tenant, because the carriage of grain, turf, etc.
- (letter.) A tariff or responsibility on goods, etc.
- (letter.) Any charge besides the regular charge for cargo of products transported.
- (n.) A contribution to a loss or charge which was imposed upon one of many when it comes to basic benefit; damage done-by water perils.
- (n.) The fair and proportionate circulation of reduction or expenditure among all interested.
- (letter.) A mean percentage, medial amount or volume, crafted from unequal amounts or volumes; an arithmetical suggest. Thus, if A loses 5 dollars, B 9, and C 16, the sum is 30, as well as the normal 10.
- (n.) Any medial estimation or basic statement based on an assessment of diverse particular instances; a medium or typical size, volume, high quality, price, etc.
- (n.) When you look at the English corn trade, the medial cost of the several kinds of grain in major corn markets.
- (a.) with respect to an average or mean; medial; containing a mean proportion; of a mean size, quality, capability, etc.; ordinary; usual; as, an average price of profit; a typical amount of rain; the average Englishman; beings of the average stamp.
- (a.) Based on the regulations of averages; as, the loss needs to be made good-by average share.
- (v. t.) To get the suggest of, whenever sums or amounts are unequal; to lessen to a mean.
- (v. t.) To divide among several, relating to certain proportion; as, to average a loss.
- (v. t.) To do, achieve, get, etc., on an average.
- (v. i.) to create, or occur in, a mean or medial sum or quantity; to amount to, or even to be, on an average; as, the losses associated with the proprietors will average twenty five dollars each; these spars average ten foot in length.
In 1900 the wheat acreage in Ontario was 1,487,633, producing 28,418,907 bushels, an average yield of 19.10 bushels per acre.