The higher an element of the scale See Alto
- angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object)
- the larger the main scale. See Alto.
In Scotch practice. An abbreviation of Alter, others; the opposite party; the defender. 1 Broun, 330, note.
Short for Alternate, Alt is a modifier crucial situated on both edges of spacebar secret on IBM appropriate computer keyboards. The picture reveals a good example of exactly what this keyboard secret may look like. This term may also be used to describe a key combo for instance the instance below.
- auld [Scot.]
- oul [Irish: old]
- stale [bread; laugh]
- early [belonging to a period far back in time]
- ole [Am.] [coll.] [regional] [hum.] [dated]
- of old [attr.] [postpos.]
- Olt (River)
- meane [archaic]
- top-fermented dark alcohol
The late Professor Heinzel's Die alt franzosischen GralRomane contains a mass of valuable matter, but is very confused and ill-arranged.