Of or related to Afghanistan
- A native of Afghanistan
- of or concerning or characteristic of Afghanistan or its men and women
- a native or inhabitant of Afghanistan
- a coat made of sheepskin
- an Iranian language talked in Afghanistan and Pakistan; the state language of Afghanistan
- a blanket knitted or crocheted in pieces or squares; often utilized as a shawl
- high elegant breed of hound with a long silky coating; native to the Near East
- Of or related to Afghanistan.
- A native of Afghanistan.
- A kind of worsted blanket or place.
title of those of Afghanistan, officially just precisely placed on the Durani Afghans; Old Afghan chronicles trace the name to an Afghana, boy of Jeremiah, son of Israelite King Saul, from who they stated descent, but this will be a legend. The name is initially attested in Arabic in al-'Utbi's "reputation for Sultan Mahmud" written c.1030 C.E. and was at used in India from 13c. Attested from 1833 as a type of blanket or wrap (in full, Afghan shawl); 1973 as a mode of sheepskin coat; 1877 as a form of carpeting; 1895 as a breed of searching dog.
(a.) Of or related to Afghanistan.
- (n.) A native of Afghanistan.
- (n.) A kind of worsted blanket or place.
Four times was Herat sacked by Turkomans and Usbegs during the centuries which intervened between the Timuride princes and the rise of the Afghan power, and it has never in modern times attained to anything like its old importance.