A garden or grove near Athens so named from the hero Academus in which Plato and his supporters presented their philosophical conferences therefore the college of philosophy that Plato had been mind
- an institution for the development of art or technology or literature
- another school (usually personal)
- a school for unique education
- a learned establishment the development of real information
- A garden or grove near Athens (so-named from the hero Academus), in which Plato along with his supporters held their particular philosophical conferences; hence, the college of viewpoint that Plato ended up being head.
- an establishment the study of higher understanding; a collegeu000du000a or a university. Popularly, a school, or seminary of discovering, keepingu000du000a a position between an university and a common college.
- A place of training; a school.
- A society of learned guys united for the development ofu000du000a arts and sciences, and literary works, or some specific art or technology;u000du000a as, the French Academy; the United states Academy of Arts and Sciences;u000du000a academies of literature and philology.
- A school or place of learning which some special art is taught; as, the army academy at western Point; a riding academy; the Academy of Music.
Dreaming of being in an academy means that you intend to discover new-people that will help you develop. You might look for new buddies to lead you when you look at the right way. Accelerator - To see an accelerator inside fantasy symbolizes the period time suits you to excel in life. You certainly will make all of the correct decisions yourself to advance. It-all relies on the mood of the dream besides. If you feel that the fantasy is not pleasant after that an Accelerator means your going way too fast and have to take some time. To the touch or view a broken accelerator ensures that you ought to delay if your wanting to crash. If you noticed it stuck claim that anything is blocking you from dancing. Attempt to remember who was simply with you in fantasy in which it had been stuck or jammed.
belated 15c., "the traditional Academy," from French Acad
(Gr. akademia) A gymnasium when you look at the suburbs of Athens, named following the hero Academus, in which Plato first taught; ergo, the Platonic college of philosophy. Plato and his instant successors are called the Old Academy; this new Academy begins with Arcesilaus (c. 315-c. 241 B.C.), and is identified featuring its characteristic doctrine, probabilism (q.v.). -- G.R.M.
(n.) A garden or grove near Athens (so-named through the hero Academus), where Plato along with his supporters presented their philosophical seminars; therefore, the college of philosophy that Plato ended up being mind.
- (n.) An institution when it comes to study of higher learning; a college or a university. Popularly, a school, or seminary of learning, keeping a rank between a college and a standard school.
- (n.) A location of training; a school.
- (n.) A society of learned guys united when it comes to development associated with the arts and sciences, and literary works, or some particular art or science; as, the French Academy; the American of Arts and Sciences; academies of literature and philology.
- (n.) A school or host to training in which some kind of special art is taught; as, the military academy at western Point; a riding academy; the of Music.
The college embraces, besides the collegiate department, Whipple Academy (a preparatory department), the Illinois Conservatory of Music and a School of Art, and in1908-1909had 21 instructors and 173 students.