Not conformed to rule or program deviating from kind anomalous irregular
- departing from normal in e.g. intelligence and development
- a lot more than the conventional
- not typical; perhaps not typical or usual or regular or conforming to a norm
- Not conformed to rule or system; deviating from kind; anomalous; unusual.
Outside the expected norm, or uncharacteristic of a specific client.
1835, displaced older abnormous (1742) and competing anormal (1835) under influence of Latin abnormis "deviating from a rule," from ab- "off, away from" (see ab-) + norma "rule" (see norm). The older kinds were via Old French anormal (13c.), from Medieval Latin anormalos, from Greek anomalos, from an- "not" + homalos, from homos "same." The Greek word ended up being changed in Latin by association with norma. Associated: Unusually.
- perverted [coll.]
- rogue [abnormal, aberrant]
deviation from regular. Perhaps not typical, usual, or regular.
(a.) Not conformed to rule or system; deviating from type; anomalous; unusual.
The same morbid and abnormal trance utterances recur in Christian revivals in every age, e.g.