A thing taking place or going back yearly esp a literary work published one per year
- Of or regarding annually going back annually coming or happening when around annually
- occurring or payable every year
- doing its life period within per year
- (botany) a plant that finishes its entire life period within the area of annually
- a reference book this is certainly published regularly when every year
- Of or with respect to per year; going back yearly; coming or occurring when around; annually.
- Performed or carried out in a year; reckoned because of the year; since, the annual movement associated with the earth.
- Lasting or continuing only 1 year or one developing season; needing becoming renewed annually; because, an annual plant; annual tickets.
- anything taking place or returning annual; esp. a literary work posted annually.
- Everything, specially a plant, that continues but one-year or season; an annual plant.
- A Mass for a deceased individual and for some special item, said each day for a year or on the anniversary day.
developing or continual as soon as in every year; continuing when it comes to amount of per year; accruing in the room of a-year; relating to or covering the activities or matters of annually. State v. McCullough, 3 Nev. 224.
belated 14c., from Old French annuel (12c.) or directly from Late Latin annualem (nominative annualis), corresponding to Latin annalis as adjective type of annus "year," from PIE *at-no-, from root *at- "to go," on idea of "period been through" (cognates: Sanskrit atati "goes, wanders," Gothic a
- c.1400, initially "service commemorating the anniversary of an individual's death," from annual (adj.). By 1824 as short for yearly plant.
(a.) Of or related to per year; coming back on a yearly basis; coming or occurring when around; yearly.
- (a.) Performed or achieved in per year; reckoned because of the 12 months; since, the yearly movement associated with planet.
- (a.) Lasting or continuing only 1 year or one growing season; needing becoming restored every year; since, a yearly plant; annual tickets.
- (letter.) Anything taking place or returning yearly; esp. a literary work posted once a year.
- (letter.) such a thing, particularly a plant, that lasts but one year or season; a yearly plant.
- (n.) A Mass for a deceased individual or even for some special object, stated daily for a-year or regarding the anniversary day.
Comte made her an annual allowance, and for some years after the separation they corresponded on friendly terms. Next in the list of the vexations was a lawsuit with his publisher.