An encounter either friendly or dangerous
- To front to manage in position to meet or encounter face to face
- treat, mention, or talk to rudely
- an intentionally offensive act or something like that producing the end result of deliberate disrespect
- To front side; to face constantly in place; to generally meet or experience face-to-face.
- to manage in defiance; to face; since, to affront demise; hence, to meet in aggressive encounter.
- To upset by some manifestation of disrespect; to insult into the face by demeanor or language; to deal with with marked incivility.
- An encounter either friendly or aggressive.
- Contemptuous or rude therapy which excites or justifies resentment; marked disrespect; a purposed indignity; insult.
- An offense to 1's self-respect; shame.
early 14c., from Old French afronter "to manage, face, to slap when you look at the face" (13c.), from later Latin affrontare "to strike against," from Latin advertising frontem "into the face," from ad (see ad-) + frons (genitive frontis) "forehead, forward" (see front side (n.)). Associated: Affronted; affronting.
- 1590s, from affront (v.).
(v. t.) To front; to manage constantly in place; to meet up with or encounter face-to-face.
- (v. t.) To handle in defiance; to face; as, to affront demise; for this reason, to meet up in hostile encounter.
- (v. t.) To upset by some manifestation of disrespect; to insult to your face by demeanor or language; to take care of with marked incivility.
- (letter.) An encounter either friendly or hostile.
- (letter.) Contemptuous or rude therapy which excites or warrants resentment; marked disrespect; a purposed indignity; insult.
- (letter.) An offense to 1's self-respect; pity.
Their war was passive-aggressive rather than open, consisting of Qatwal making his ore ships disappear and then reappear without the ore or his affront at the last Council meeting, where A'Ran had Kisolm, the man who would be dhjan, imprisoned in his quarters and miss the Council's final vote on who would maintain distribution rights to the ore only Anshan possessed.