to get frequently by ones own exertions for as your regarding get a title riches knowledge experience great or bad habits
- place (a moving entity) by means of a tracking system including radar
- win anything through your attempts
- gain through experience
- gain understanding or abilities
- enter into the control of anything tangible or abstract
- undertake a certain form, characteristic, or aspect
- arrive at have or undergo a big change of (physical functions and characteristics)
- to get, typically by a person's very own exertions; to have as a person's very own; since, to get a name, riches, knowledge, ability, good or bad habits.
The activity of shopping for or gaining the ownership of home.
mid-15c., acqueren, from Old French aquerre "acquire, gain, earn, procure," from Vulgar Latin *acquaerere, corresponding to Latin acquirere "to look for besides" (see acquisition). Reborrowed in current kind from Latin c.1600. Relevant: obtained; getting.
(v. t.) To gain, frequently by a person's very own exertions; to get as one's own; since, to obtain a title, riches, understanding, ability, good or bad practices.
He could acquire his freedom by purchase from his master, or might be freed and dedicated to a temple, or even adopted, when he became an amelu and not a muskinu.